The Barrmill & District Community Association (BDCA) is dedicated to maintaining our independent community centre as a local facility for the use of all. We aspire to become a focal point for activities in the village and increase the community spirit as well as encourage local people to get together.
Company No: SC389965 Charity No: SC001557
Barrmill and District Community Association (BDCA) was established as a Company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital and incorporated on 6th Dec 2010. It is registered in Scotland as Company Number SC389965 and as Charity Number SC001557. Its objects or purposes, as set out in its Memorandum of Association section 4 are:
- 4.1 To manage community land and associated assets for the benefit of the Community and the public in general.
- 4.2 To provide, or assist in providing, recreational facilities, and/or organising recreational activities, which will be available to members of the Community and public at large with the object of improving the conditions of life of the Community.
- 4.3 To advance community development within the Community.
- 4.4 To advance the education of the Community about its environment, culture, heritage and/ or history.
- 4.5 To advance environmental protection or improvement including preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment, the maintenance, improvement or provision of environmental amenities for the Community and/ or the preservation of buildings or sites of architectural, historic or other importance to the Community;